Adult people 18 and over must show identification that is valid the airport checkpoint to be able to travel.
- Driver’s licenses or any other state picture identity cards granted by Department of automobiles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted tourist cards (worldwide Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs given to dependents
- Permanent card that is resident
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally respected, tribal-issued picture ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- International government-issued passport
- Canadian driver that is provincial permit or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker recognition credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Solutions Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
In coordination featuring its DHS counterparts, TSA has identified appropriate alternate identification for use within unique circumstances in the checkpoint.
A tool license is certainly not a form that is acceptable of. a temporary motorist’s permit isn’t a satisfactory type of recognition.
Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, it is REAL ID compliant if you plan to use your state-issued ID or license to fly within the U.S., make click for more info sure. If you should be perhaps maybe not certain that REAL ID to your ID complies, consult with your state dept. of cars.
TSA will not need kiddies under 18 to present recognition when traveling with a friend in the united states of america. Contact the flight for concerns regarding specific ID requirements for people under 18.
Forgot Your ID?
When you reach the airport without legitimate recognition, since it is lost or in the home, you might nevertheless be permitted to travel. The TSA officer may request you to finish an identification verification process which include information that is collecting as your title, present address, as well as other private information to verify your identification. In the event your identification is verified, you will be permitted to go into the testing checkpoint. You’ll be at the mercy of screening that is additional to incorporate a patdown and assessment of carry-on property.
You won’t be permitted to go into the safety checkpoint in the event the identification can not be verified, you decided to maybe maybe not offer appropriate recognition or you decrease to cooperate with all the identification verification procedure.
TSA suggests you reach least couple of hours prior to your trip time.
If for example the identification can not be confirmed, you will never be permitted to go into the assessment checkpoint.